Why do so many websites hide their members’ important account info? Shouldn’t it be an easy process to update billing and contact information? At AudioAcrobat, we believe in keeping things straight-forward and simple — and as our membership would surely attest — finding and updating these important types of information is really a simple process.
In today’s posting, we will take our readers on an in-depth journey through the “My Account” section of the AudioAcrobat “Account” tab, where important information can be quickly and safely accessed.
In order to access the “My Account” portion of our readers’ AudioAcrobat accounts, the following quick steps will first need to be taken by our readers.
1. Log into your AudioAcrobat account
2. Click the blue “Account” tab
At this point, our readers should be on a page titled, “My Account”. Let’s take a quick look at what our readers will see on this page, shall we?
- Contact/Billing Information – This is the important stuff. Should members need to update this info, look no further. Please remember to keep your account information up-to-date, especially should you need to submit a support ticket our if our team needs to contact you regarding billing, new features/services, etc.
- Credit Card – This keeps your account active. Expired cards will cause accounts to enter “Billing Failure/Suspended” status, and if not remedied within (7) calendar days from missed payment will cause accounts to “Deactivate”. Deactivated accounts will close (14) days after entering the deactivated state. Media files are stored in closed accounts for (60) calendar days before being deleted from AudioAcrobat’s servers.
- Name On Card
- Card Type
- Preferences – Receive email alerts and choose whether or not to have earned commissions applied to your monthly bill (instead of paying by credit card).
- Use Commissions
- Send Bandwidth Alerts
- Send Transcode Alerts
- Subscription Plan – Want to be billed on a different day of the month? Change your plan immediately or at a future date right here.
- Change Plan Now
- Change Plan Later
- Billing Summary – Need granular information related to your payment history? How about your next scheduled payment date? If so, it’s all right here … you can even view earned commissions and request a payment through the links found here.
- Next Bill Date
- Account Balance
- Pre-Paid Balance
- Billing History
- Commission Balance
- Request Payment
- Close Account – If you have chosen to terminate your trial account or you simply wish to end service with AudioAcrobat®, use the Close Account page to turn off your service. AudioAcrobat members do have the power to close their accounts at any time, and our team strives hard to provide all the support our members require and answer questions in a timely manner. It is recommended that members make sure they’ve exhausted every attempt by contacting support before giving up!
Want to learn more about AudioAcrobat? Go ahead, give it a try yourself by signing up for a 30 day Free Trial or join one of our FREE Training Classes without signing up for squat. Already have an account? Login HERE.
Coming up next … #FollowFriday!