As the internet continues to grow and diversify, so does the types of content we can employ for our businesses, our brands, and our blogs. The competition has never been more fierce, which is why video and audio content is more important than ever before.
Today I’m going to show you three compelling reasons why you need to start incorporating these types of content into your online presence. We’ll back up these claims with powerful statistics and motivate you to diversify and amplify your content!
3 Reasons Why You Need Video and Audio Now
There are more tools today than ever before to incorporate video or audio into your content. Everything from podcasts, to live webinars are possible. Let’s take a look at three incredible reasons why you should be using this type of content in your strategies:
1. Video is More Important Than Ever in Marketing
As any of the great search engine optimization services will tell you, incorporating video into your content is a great way to get people to stick around. The same goes for social media. Think about it, are you more likely to stop and read a post or watch a video in your feed?
Here are some compelling statistics about video content in today’s online world:
- 93% of marketers are using video in their campaigns
- 84% are using video for their website marketing
- 70% are optimizing video for search engines
- 75 million people in the US watch videos online everyday
- Embedded videos on websites increase traffic as much as 55%
- 40% of all video is watched on mobile devices
Video can be incorporated into just about any type of content. Whether it’s there to sell a landing page, promote your brand, or even just act as your online blog, people love to see videos.
2. Live Streaming is Taking The Internet by Storm
In the world of gaming, live streaming through platforms like Twitch has been around for some time. Now, platforms like YouTube and Facebook are also offering their own platforms for live video. Businesses and creators alike are taking the opportunity to start making huge events out of their live streams.
Here’s how services like Facebook Live are emerging:
- Facebook Business Pages streamed almost 200 live videos in June alone. That’s six times as many as January of 2016
- Live Video is catching up to recorded content. Over half of the top 500 media publishers have been posting live content
- A live video of exploding watermelons was Facebook Live’s biggest video yet, which peaked at 800,000 simultaneous viewers!
The capacity to stream video to live viewers, engage with them, and keep the video archived afterward represents a huge opportunity for you to include a fresh new kind of content in your next update.
3. Podcasts are on The Rise
In our busy world, podcasts have become much larger than we could have imagined. People like to listen on-the-go, and this represents huge opportunities for you to turn your content into something they can listen to while they’re working, driving, or cooking dinner.
Today, over 64% of podcasts are being consumed on mobile devices like smartphones or tablets. Here are some statistics from a recent study that show how podcasts are becoming much bigger than ever before.
- 21% of Americans now listen to podcasts on a monthly basis, and 13% listen to them five times a week on average
- Monthly podcast listenership has increased by 75% since 2013
- Five podcasts per week is the perfect number. This will attract the most users
- 1-in-4 Americans between the ages of 12-54 listen to podcasts each month
Video and audio are evolving each day, and they are quickly becoming crucial in the online world as people. Search engines, and social media all want to see more diversity in the content they rank highest. Varying up your approach will help in this, so start incorporating video and audio into your content today!
How do you utilize videos or podcasts? Let us know in the comments!