Where can you connect with over 85 million members in 200+ countries? The same place you can connect with executives from all Fortune 500 companies — LinkedIn!
In today’s posting, we aim to share with our readers the advantages of using LinkedIn to network, socialize and further their career objectives … without taking all day to do so. We also aim to shamelessly promote the AudioAcrobat LinkedIn Group and all of our wonderful members. Hey, at least we’re honest, right?
As stated on LinkedIn.com:
Your professional network of trusted contacts gives you an advantage in your career, and is one of your most valuable assets. LinkedIn exists to help you make better use of your professional network and help the people you trust in return. Our mission is to connect the world’s professionals to make them more productive and successful. We believe that in a global connected economy, your success as a professional and your competitiveness as a company depends upon faster access to insight and resources you can trust.
While the above information is extremely helpful, we believe that our readers will find that the following video summarizes the network quite well.
- Reconnect with existing contacts by uploading your address book or syncing with GMail, Yahoo! etc.
- Make new business connections using the search tool to see common connections and to request introductions
- Join LinkedIn Groups to engage in industry-related discussions and problem solving
- Link to Twitter to auto-update from Twitter to LinkedIn or vice versa
- Use LinkedIn’s mobile application to stay “linked in” wherever you are in the world
Enjoying the blog so far? Check out some of the other benefits mentioned on LinkedIn.com:
- Manage the information that’s publicly available about you as professional
- Find and be introduced to potential clients, service providers, and subject experts who come recommended
- Create and collaborate on projects, gather data, share files and solve problems
- Be found for business opportunities and find potential partners
- Gain new insights from discussions with likeminded professionals in private group settings
- Discover inside connections that can help you land jobs and close deals
- Post and distribute job listings to find the best talent for your company
Now that we’ve covered what it can do, we’d like to take a moment to fulfill our promise of shamelessly self-promoting the AudioAcrobat LinkedIn Group, as seen below in this fancy-schmancy tweet:
— AudioAcrobat® (@AudioAcrobat) December 1, 2010
That’s right — AudioAcrobat welcomes all past, present and future members to join us in an open discussion of topics relevant to our industry. Topics discussed range from audio to video, from broadcasting to podcasting, from social networking to blogging and everything in-between.
Want to learn more about AudioAcrobat? Go ahead, give it a try yourself by signing up for a 30 day Free Trial or join one of our FREE Training Classes without signing up for squat. Already have an account? Login HERE.
Coming up next … what Netflix has been up to!